Ep. 32 - Top Tips on Property Investment with Scott Kuru
Nate and Soraya talk to Scott Kuru, founder of Freedom Property Investors on how he built a property portfolio from 0-16 properties in just 6 years. Scott shares tips on where to start, the importance of 6.8 and his 70/30 rule.
Motivated by a better and safer life for him and his 4 children, he perfected the property multiplier formula method which allowed him to build a property portfolio of 16 properties in 6 years.
Stay up to date with our latest episodes subscribe Here
What does Scott do?
- Lots of people know how to earn but not manage it
- Focuses on how to invest and multiply money
- Found the property market to be lucrative
- Went from 0 to 16 properties in 6 years
- Scott reached a point in his 30s and imagined into the future
- He realised that he needed to save and invest his money
- Most people don’t want to give their money to an investor or expert
- It took Scott about a year and a half to understand the property market
Scott’s 3 criteria for finding a mentor
- Does this person have proven results?
- Have they helped other people and been successful?
- Do they know what they’re talking about?
What about debt?
- Scott says there needs to be a shift of mindset to knowing debt is not scary
- As long as an investor finds a tenant, the debt will pay for itself
- Out of his hundreds of clients, not on person has had a problem finding a tenant
- Scott says property investment isn’t even a risk
Relationships with money
- Many of us have negative emotions surrounding money – sadness, guilt, anger
- We trade time for money, and circumstances sometime rid us of our time
- If we can confront our fears around money and develop passive income, we can feel safer in unforeseen circumstances
Breaking down property investment in a nutshell
- Property grows at about 6.8% for the last 25 years
- If you find a property at or above the average growth rate, you will approximately double property value every 10 years
- When you sell that property, you can then buy more debt free
How does Scott invest many people’s money?
- Scott and his business partner find profitable properties
- They then make a group negotiated deal which includes speaking to developers and negotiating a deal when multiple properties are bought
Rule of 70/30
- Properties gain 70% of their value in 30% of time
Scott’s Top tips
- Find an expert
- Talk to multiple people to give yourself the best chance of finding a match
- Use the internet and resources to educate yourself
- Be honest with yourself about how much you can invest
- Set financial goals
- Take action and get involved to gain that initial momentum
Links and recommendations:
Freedom Property Investors –
ELEV8 Business –